DD not working--SUCCESS!

Alan M. Evans fedoralist at alanevans.org
Fri Aug 31 21:15:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:32 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I suggest you do this: Come up in the Rescue cd and do NOT mount
> your computer to the rescue at /mnt/syswhatever. Then see if you have dd.

I used the rescue disk on a computer that only has Windows 2000
installed, which partition was not mounted. So, yes, dd was on the
rescue disk.

>     As for your tone and lack of understanding I think you take the cake
> for gall. If you don't believe what I just DID, then stop writing about it.

I didn't say that it didn't work for you. Only that the fact that it
worked (or seemed to work) for you doesn't automatically make it a good
idea.

As for tone and understanding, might I suggest that you stop preaching
to the list about a utility that most of us have used for years and
you've used for days. I understand perfectly what's going on; it's you
who's bumbling through with no real understanding of the tools or
systems you are using, all the while calling ignorant those actually in
the know.