opinions on disc burner utils?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Dec 4 21:10:20 UTC 2007

Robin Laing wrote:
> Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering about GUI, ease of configuration, options, etc.
>>>
>> I concur with the others on the merits of k3b.  It is
>> and excellent program.  If you have used Easy CD Creator,
>> you will find K3B intuitive.
>>
>> You will want to
>> yum install k3b
>>
>> You will probably also want k3b-extras-nonfree
>> from livna to be able to handle mp3 files.
>> I believe rpmforge also has a package to enable
>> mp3 handling.
>>
>> Bob Styma
>> Phoenix, AZ
>>

> I read a review of some Windows (Nero?) software that is trying to
> come out with a Linux version of their software.  The K3B software was
> much better than the commercial software.  This was a few years ago.

    Before you go looking, look within. I decided months ago to figure
out how the Gnome CD/DVD system worked. Like all it is a bit hard to
understand but I found the Help to be real and after just one drink
coaster I am now an expert. In fact I made a F7 and F8 DVD with this
software and both are 100% perfect.

I recommend the Gnome burner.

Karl

--