OT: looking for file/folder encryption package that runs on Fedora and Windows

Mike azmr at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 21:41:23 UTC 2007

> Claude Jones wrote:
>> subject says it all
>> Does any one know of such a package? Drag and drop would be nice - looking
>> for a simple package to encrypt and password protect selectable files and
>> folders

I searched for something similar (had to be open source and cross
platform) about a year ago and the only thing I found was Truecrypt
(http://www.truecrypt.org).

It doesn't fit your description exactly but may be useable.  I don't
think they have an RPM available for Fedora leaving you to compile from
source.  You have to recompile upon kernel upgrades too...

-- Mike