Users and Groups

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Dec 7 15:31:20 UTC 2007

    If you click on System -> Administration -> Users and Groups you
give your root password and up comes a nearly blank panel. It lists just
one User and you wonder what it is good for. At least I did. I tried for
Help and none appeared.

    Then I clicked on Edit and then Preferences. There I found all the
blocks with a check mark before them. So I erased all the check marks
and rebooted the thing. Now it lists ALL the Users and Groups. You can
click on one and a panel comes up and let's you join any group you want
to. It is useful.

    Why does it arrive on a new load with all those things checked?
Where is help on F8? I think it is a bug.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User