access ipod files?

Alessandro Brezzi alessandro.brezzi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:06:32 UTC 2007

2007/12/11, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>:

> Alessandro Brezzi wrote:
> >
> > 2007/12/11, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
> > <mailto:bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>>:
> >

> >        I have one of my grandson's iPods plugged into a USB connector
> >     and I
> >        see two icons on my desktop one labeled "Apple iPod Music Player"
> >        which I can't mount, and a second icon with "Luc & Matt" their XP
> >        computer name.
> >
> >        Is there an application that will enable me to access the
> contents
> >        of the iPod device?  That is, list the contents or play the
> music,
> >        save it and put it on a cd?  Anything useful that might impress
> >     them
> >        when they come home from school.
> >
> >        Bob Goodwin
> >

> > Amarok, just to name one.
> >
> > HTH
> >

> > --
> > Alessandro Brezzi
> >
> Ok, I yum installed amarok and it runs but I don't see how to make it
> access the ipod.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Bob Goodwin

What type of iPod are you tryng to connect?
I've succesfull connected iPod from all the previous generation, not tried
with the newest (iPod touch - iPod new Nano large screen etc).

Normally, when I plug for the first time one iPod Amarok display a dialog
asking if I want to manage the device and the the type of this. Then the
entire db is displayed and you can copy from and into the iPod from your
amarok music library. Try to unplug and then plug in the iPod when amarok is
up and running, what happens?
What is in your /var/log/messages ?
And finally what lsusb report about your iPod?

--
Alessandro Brezzi