Ambient light sensor configuration?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 14 12:22:17 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Tomasz Torcz writes:

>>> The only applet I see is the "Brightness" applet, I don't have any
>>> "Ambient" applet. Is that in a separate package? yum shows nothing
> Grepping through the various kernel modules, the only culprit I can find
> is a "tsl2550.ko' -- a "TSL2550 ambient light sensor driver", but I
> don't have this module loaded at all
>
> Strange mystery.
Perhaps it is a direct hardware controlled function that only operates
once the cpu is running in protected mode {ring 3}, or acpi/dmi function
that operates once the kernel loads drivers for such.

If the second is the case you could try kernel parameters to disable
acpi (for a giggle).

There might be direct control available from the /proc file system ?

By the way, what manu/model is it ?

DaveT.