Thunderbird Loses Ability to 'drag-n-drop' emails

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 03:06:18 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Thunderbird on my desktop no longer allows me to drag-n-drop email
> from one folder (inbox, say) to another.
>
> The version on the laptop allowe this. I cannot see anything in the
> Advanced preference settings which would cover this.
>
> Can anyone help?

I've experienced this, too. In my case, it had something to do with
profile corruption. That is, when I created a new thunderbird profile,
everything worked as it should have. I was able to move over the mail
data files directly - all other settings/addons I set up manually.

I guess it's also likely that one of the addons is causing this - you
can try disabling them all and seeing if that fixes it. But it might not
(some addons might've messed your profile)

HTH,
Konstantin