Cups problem

david walcroft d_j_w46 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 18 01:03:15 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 08:35 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
>
>> Craig White wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 00:18 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
>>>

>> Yum-utils was already installed, package-cleanup --orphans cleaned out
>> some 80 files
>> Changed SElinux to permissive and believe or not but I can print anything
>> and my sound is back after losing it during the last
>> upgrade,SElinux-enforcing
>> seems to be very restrictive.
>> You said something earlier about reinstalling four files that where
>> dependencies.
>>
> ----
> this would certainly bring back most of the things we removed...
>
> yum install ffmpeg \
>  mjpegtools \
>  y4mscaler \
>  avidemux \
>  akode-extras \
>  ffmpeg-libs \
>  libquicktime \
>  mencoder \
>  mjpegtools-libs \
>  xine-lib-extras-nonfree \
>  kdemultimedia-extras-nonfree
>
> you had a version of kdemultimedia-extras-nonfree and a version of x264
> that were old, incompatible and in the way, perhaps they're gone now
>
> Craig

No the problem with 'libx264.so.56' is still here,I cleaned out my
'/etc/yum.conf/' exclude=
and a lot of FC8 packages where removed from 'package-cleanup --orphans'
there are 24
packages in '--orphans' do I have to remove them one by one or
what.There are a couple of packages
that I need to keep as there are no updates available.

    david