Webcam installation on Fedora 64bit version 8 F8 64bit

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 02:51:44 UTC 2007

I would like to know if someone can advise me how to install a webcam under this application. The kernel and files are at the moment, vanilla, in the sense of not having auxilliary modules installed.

My webcam has the following  045e:00f7 as manuf and webcam id. (It's Microsoft).

I found the gspcav1-20071214 tar file with the drivers for the webcam, but now I would appreciate some help in getting it working with pirut, ekiga, skype, or  amsn.

Thanks and awaiting some feedback.

Leslie
Montreal Canada