About japanese character set and language package

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Thu Dec 20 05:32:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

From: "王鹏" <forwangpeng at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: About japanese character set and language package
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:20:48 +0800

> If you create a file name of 渋谷.txt on your FC7 system. I see スツテォ.txt on
> the XP side?

I don't remember your first mail. And I'm a japanese, I use FC7
everyday, however recently I give up exact kanji filename display
from the other OS. So I always rename those files as I wish. WinXP
deploys SJIS code. I guess code difference causes these problems.
I'm not a character code expert. What is your problem ?
Tt might be good to say 'put it in ascii!'.

Regards,
// M.Iizuka