Http access to SVN, anyone?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 16:51:57 UTC 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 7:59 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> >> I have access to my SVN repository from a remote client
> >> using svnserve, but not through http .
> >>
> >> I guess the problem probably lies in httpd.conf ,
> >> but I haven't come across a document that says
> >> exactly what changes one has to make for svn .
> >> (I do have mod_dav_svn installed.)
> >>
> >> Any enlightenment or pointers gratefully received.
>
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
> This is a bit like saying the answer is in the Bible.
>
> I actually have the online book on my computer,
> and have followed the rather meagre instructions on this point,
> but get the errors above.

At which point it is really up to you to read the Bible or not. But I
will give you a point in the right direction.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html

And for the record, I read through that entire thing myself in order
to find out how to setup SVN via HTTP -- it isn't difficult.

( www.pembo13.com )