procmail & safecat problems

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Sat Dec 1 16:42:10 UTC 2007

Christian Grams wrote:
> I´m trying to get procmail to move an email it filters into an imap
> folder of my choice.

(snip)

> # All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher than the set
> threshold) # is moved to the designated spam folder
 > :0
 > | /usr/bin/safecat "${MAILDIR}/tmp" "${SPAMDIR}/"

AFAIK, procmail doesn't need to use safecat - it can write safely to
Maildir by itself. You can just use:

:0
${SPAMDIR}/

...ensuring you have the trailing slash to tell procmail that it is a
Maildir.

> procmail.log --- Logging
> /var/qmail/mailnames/****.com/info/Maildir/procmail.log for popuser
> procmail: [3192] Fri Nov 30 15:31:08 2007 procmail: No match on
> ***" procmail: Match on
> "(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)fedora-list at redhat.com"
>  procmail: Executing
> "/usr/bin/safecat,/var/qmail/mailnames/****.com/info/Maildir/tmp,/var/qmail/mailnames/****.com/info/Maildir/NEWSLETTERS.Fedora.list/"
>  safecat: fatal: could not stat directory: file does not exist

But your original problem seems to be here. Clearly one of your paths is
wrong or non-existent.

--
Mark Knoop