compiz-fusion and emerald

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 21:58:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 6:58 PM, Abhijit Shylanath <abhijit.shylanath at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2007 9:39 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But I could not make this command run automatically.
> > In previous versions (FC6) I could just add a script to
> > the session startup programs, and that would do the trick.
> > Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for compiz.
>
> In Gnome, I've added 'emerald --replace' in System > Preferences >
> Personal > Sessions. I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but
> it works fine for me.

Yes, you are right. It works, but it takes too long, that is why I thought
differently.

 When I open a window, as soon as I login, the border only appears 2 min
later.
Then the other saved windows show up also.

I can not imagine what is hogging my gnome in this case ....

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ