cannot connect to digital camera via USB

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 2 00:51:34 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Kevin Kempter wrote:
>

>> Also, would a compact flash reader be a better solution with Linux -
>> my old camera used SD cards and in general SD readers worked fine with
>> my Linux machines.
>
> I've never used one, but others say so. I would expect this to be
> especially so if you rotate cards.
>
> I have a Canon 30D.
>
> F8 starts Konqueror, which hasn't a clue.

On my test box, which is running F8, I did the above test logged in
locally. I also have an active VNC session for root (I'm playing with
xen, and that's most conveniently done as root), and in that session I
found out the popup was offering konqueror and digikam.

I really thing that this hot=plug stuff shouldn't be showing remote
users any of this, I don't see how someone at the office can plug a
camera into my computer at home even if I allow such VNC sessions (I
don't, but I do it the other way round).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait