Not now

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Dec 2 19:14:20 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:

> Nigel Henry wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 02 December 2007 00:46, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>     Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
>>> no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
>>> work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
>>> the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>>  Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>>  Linux User
>>>  #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>>
>> Hi Karl. As I said to you offlist, this may be just down to mail being sent to
>> you from the list, being bounced back to the list. I'm on a few lists, but
>> know that if too many bounce backs are received, some list administrators
>> will disable mail being sent to you. Then, as "you" have, you have to go to
>> your mail delivery options, and reset it to enabled.
>>
>> I do hope that nobody on the list would be so vindictive as to hack into your
>> subscribe options, and disable mail being sent to you. That as far as I'm
>> concerned would be totally out of order, and just can't believe that's the
>> case.
>>
>> I've had problems sending to some lists. Mailman for sourceforge hosted lists
>> was refusing to accept mail sent to various lists, and I had to change the
>> address I was sending from. I also had problems sending to the ntp list.
>> SORBS was blacklisting mail sent to the ntp list from my ISP. I contacted the
>> guy handling spam at the ntp list, and he removed my ISP from the SORBS
>> blacklist, with the proviso that if spam levels went up, the ISP would again
>> be blacklisted. So far so good on that one.
>>
>> I think that rather than jumping to conclusions, which I hope are wrong, I'd
>> send an email to the list administrator, and ask why my mail deliveries had
>> been disabled. See below. Make sure to specify the mailing list your
>> referring to.
>>
>> mailman-owner at redhat.com.
>>
>> All the best mate.
>>

> I agree with Nigel. My ISP's email server blocks list traffic from
> Fedora/Redhat servers. All of them. But allows traffic from several
> others. Two of which use Mailman.
>
> And while they were doing that I got 'stopped'. I had to change the
> email server and restart the list(s).
> - --
>

>   David

    David my ISP could care less. He gives me the Internet and expects
me to use it. He provides the mail server and sometimes has trouble but
gets it fixed. I use it as my wife does as we want to. So I am happy.

    If the ISP gets bad I will just change to my other email server
gemail. This is done by Google and yes I am klarsen1 on that. And I can
save $25.00/mo since with a web based email I can just buy the Internet.
It is quite cheap.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI