Incredible F8 updates -- followup : anticlimax, I hope

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sun Dec 2 22:01:32 UTC 2007

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 20:38:16 +0000, I (Beartooth) wrote:
[...]
> 	Then the main one hit some snag with curl-devel dependencies. So
> I told yum to remove that, and carefully kept a list of things it took
> with it, so as to put them back shortly.
>
> 	Then I told it you update again.
>
> 	It's in process of downloading 523 -- no typo : five hundred
> twenty three -- 523 items.
>
> 	What in the blue blazes have I done? Is the whole shebang about
> to implode before my eyes??

	Well, it downloaded them all -- including several things that I
always UNinstall if I ever get it -- and then fizzled :

[....]
(521/523): libacl-2.2.45- 100% |=========================|  20 kB
00:00
(522/523): cyrus-sasl-dev 100% |=========================| 351 kB
00:03
(523/523): gtk-nodoka-eng 100% |=========================|  47 kB
00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
  file /etc/gre.d/gre.conf conflicts between attempted installs of
xulrunner-1.9-0.beta1.3.fc9.i386 and firefox-2.0.0.10-1.fc9.i386

Error Summary

[root at localhost ~]#

	So I don't know whether to go put back the stuff that went with
curl-devel and then update again, or ....