Looking to upgrade to Fedora 8

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Dec 3 03:48:32 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently running Fedora 6. I'm planning to upgrade my Dell D800
laptop to Fedora 8 during my Christmas holidays (fresh install).  I'm
going to keep /home and /usr/local (i.e. not format them) during
install).

I'm fairly sure everything should just work afterwards, but I'm
wondering how VMware Server will hold up.  Will I be able to install it
ok on Fedora 8 and run my virtual machines (saved in my home folder)?

Has anyone had any problems with Evolution after moving to Fedora 8?
Since I'm not formatting /home, Evolution should see my previous config
and run accordingly.

Any other hangups?  I haven't seen anything major reported on this list,
which bodes well for me!

Regards,

Ranbir
--