Recursive diff?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:26:06 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 11:58 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Dave Ihnat wrote:
> >
> > I'd write one, except I have a copy of the original AT&T System V
> > shellscript version (from a copy I bought lo these many years ago from
> > Dell for $1100...and that was a CHEAP Unix!), so I couldn't do it without
> > being 'contaminated'.
>
> And everyone today thinks Microsoft got the desktop monopoly with some
> kind of dirty tricks but really, no one could afford single-user unix.
> It is odd that Dell dropped that sysvr4 at exactly the time that
> Windows95 came out, though.  I found a fairly nasty bug and found that
> it was no longer a supported product.

My Mom bought a computer several years ago when win98 was the newest
thing on the block. Her machine won't handle her Flik video cam, so I'm
sneaky sneaking Linux on her machine to do the job. I finally figured
out that the video-cam had to be switched on, prior to loading it into
the usb port. Else, my computer would reset to reboot. I don't think
she'll notice the difference. I'll report back when she gets her hands
on it. I just told her that I was going to "hot-rod" her computer for
her.

Yeah, it's payback. <evil cackles!!> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar