Evolution icons disappear after reboot

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Mon Dec 3 08:03:49 UTC 2007

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Almost all of the icons in Evolution -- all, I think except the red
> circle with a white 'X' in it for Cancel -- disappear after a reboot and
> are replaced by red 'X's, indicating (I think)  a missing icon.  The
> problem can be cured by reinstalling evolution: i.e.
>         rpm --install --force evolution-2.12.1-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm
> which cure lasts till the system is rebooted.  It may (or may not be)
> important that I'm running selinux.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you using the GNOME desktop, or KDE?  When I was using KDE, I had
various random applications lose their icons after they got updated,
most notably firefox, thunderbird.  It stayed over reboots also, and to
get the icon images back, I had to remove the icons from the launcher
area and re-add them again.  They sometimes would disappear again when
rebooting also.

I haven't encountered that in GNOME yet though.

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net