Eclipse error/warning when starting new Java project.

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Tue Dec 4 01:50:19 UTC 2007

When I start a new Java project in Eclipse, I get a warning/error down
at the bottom of the dialog window that says:

"The current workspace uses a 1.4 JRE with compiler compliance level
6.0. This is not recommended and either the JRE or the compiler level
should be changed."

I am using Icedtea/GCJ and have not installed any other JRE/JDKs (Livna
is the only 3rd party repo).  I've done minimal configuration changes in
Preferences, as this is the first Java project that I have started (I
configured PyDev, and installed E-P-I-C, but that is all that I have
done in Eclipse so far).

Apparently, I either have something wrong or perhaps Icedtea is
identifying itself as a 1.4 JRE (which would be weird since it looks
like Eclipse thinks it is a 1.7 JRE in some other places).

< If this is timesharing, give me my share right now. >
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )