Fedora Weekly News Issue 111, Core Fonts Issues

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Dec 4 13:21:49 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:

> this may be a general problem, of which this is one instance. I've seen
> KDE configuration files in /usr:
> 06:29 [summer at numbat ~]$ ls -l /usr/share/config/kdm/*

Look closer, /usr/share/config/kdm is a symlink to /etc/kde/kdm (or should
be!).

That being said, kde does still put a bunch of stock configs
into /usr/share/config and /usr/share/config.kcfg/
Our packaging includes the ability to place items into
/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config
(owned by kde-settings) and /etc/kde that override those however.

-- Rex