Grub clarification

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 4 20:53:52 UTC 2007

Hi

Sorry to interrupt. I think you can help me

I use rsync to copy all files from hda to hdc
hda and hdc are same partition but not different size

/dev/hda1 /boot
/dev/hda2 /swap
/dev/hda3 /

then i change IDE cables from hdc to hda
and use fedora5 to boot it rescue boot

mount partitions /boot and / and chroot to /
When I use grub-install /dev/hda, i got an error

tempnam: No such file or directory
grub-install: line 394: $log_file: ambigous redirect

Do you have idea?

Thank you

Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com> wrote: On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 12:33 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have followed Craig White's advice to use the F8-rescue
> disk and grub-install /dev/sda - and it works!
>
> I have put my SCSI disk back in, rebooted, and all works
> now!
>
> Thanks to all who have responded.
----
just a few thoughts that might be helpful to others...

1 - Always 'reply' to the actual message (though it appears that you did
this time.

2 - Add [SOLVED] to the subject which makes it obvious to those who are
looking at an index of the e-mails

3 - Make sure that the steps you took to solve the problem are included
in the e-mail to make it possible for someone else to use them.

Craig