White Screen After Reboot (Fedora 8)

Marwan Aziz marwan at wanmar.com
Wed Dec 5 10:06:09 UTC 2007

Good Morning Tod,

Thanx for the quick reply. I did the 'CTRL-ALT-F1' thing and I got the login
screen. I then looked at the files that you suggested. The only warning I saw
was in the messages file:

gdm-simple-greeter[2938]: WARNING: Unable to load image: Couldn't recognize the
image file format for file '/usr/share/backgrounds/infinity/infinity.xml'

I am not sure where it is getting this value from. On a side note, how do I
mount my USB drive so I can copy the files you mentioned?

Thanx for your help

- Marwan