OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Dec 5 15:57:12 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> --- Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>
>>     I was checking the stock quotes (market is up
>> today) I saw the
>> subject title. Read the article and this guy says
>> you can buy Vista and
>> make copies for friends and the friend can use Vista
>> with just tiny
>> problems. The author said that Microsoft is worried
>> about Linux.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> --
>>
>> 	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> 	Linux User
>> 	#450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>
>> --
>
> Which article?  I am curious.  Just like the National
> Enquirer "Enquiring minds want to know"
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

It's possibly this one:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/introducing_win.html
'Tiny problems'? I think not.  I would hate a 'Activate Now' reminder
every hour on the hour while I was trying to work.  And besides, without
WGA, what more data is MS collecting in it's place?

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support