how many logs could a syslog log...

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Dec 5 16:02:08 UTC 2007

I got past the kmod-nvidia update problems, but now I see
this:

[root at zooty ~]# yum update
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package rsyslog.x86_64 0:1.19.11-1.fc8 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: rsyslog conflicts syslog-ng
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: rsyslog conflicts with syslog-ng

If I rpm -q -i rsyslog and syslog-ng they both claim to be
drop-in replacements for syslogd. Why do I have so many
syslogd replacements, and why do they conflict?

Should I delete one or more of them, or just wait for a
new syslog-ng to show up in the repos in a day or two?