OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:37:26 UTC 2007

<http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/introducing_win.html>

> But, once you know better, why would you even want MS?  I kicked it off
> of my kids' machines already because of all the headaches it causes.
> Those headaches are still there in the free version of the OS.

Unfortunately, I know for a fact that a big reason people cling to Windows
is because "companies only write programs for Windows", "Windows has more
programs"...

Every time I see such an argument, I feel sick.  It's complete bullshit.
Unfortunately, the problem here is in that first statement; COMPANIES that
aren't directly involved with Linux believe it has too small of a
marketshare to bother with, and they seem to enjoy putting down anyone who
asks (great example of this: see Adobe's forums and the general responses to
requests for native Linux support)...