Evolution status bar indicator question

Mark C. Allman mcallman at allmanpc.com
Wed Dec 5 18:46:27 UTC 2007

After a short time running the Evolution e-mail client, I see in the
status bar these little indicators that look like a tiny icon followed
by "(...)."  The "tiny icon" on my system is a little foot image which
cycles as if to indicate that it's busy doing something.  I assume that
these are telling me that the Evolution client is waiting on a
background process to complete?  Is my understanding correct?

There are five "evolution" processes running:
1.  /usr/bin/evolution
2.  /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.12
3.  /usr/libexec/evolution/2.12/evolution-exchange-storage
4.  /usr/libexec/evolution/2.12/evolution-alarm-notify
5.  /usr/bin/perl (running the /usr/bin/spamd script)

Version of evolution I'm running: evolution 2.12.1
System: Fedora 8 kernel 2.6.23.1-49.fc8

-- Mark C, Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution