Unable to get true 1920x1200 resolution with Fedora 8

Jeremy Nix Jeremy.Nix at sfsltd.com
Wed Dec 5 20:12:50 UTC 2007

Todd, that would explain why my Display Settings and Resolution settings
both say 1920x1200.  The reason I know it is not that actual resolution
is twofold.  First, I had Fedora 5, 6 and 7 installed on this laptop, so
I've grown accustomed to a particular resolution setting.  Secondly,
this same laptop is being used by another user with a Windows XP
installation, and the differences between resolutions are night and
day.  That said, I've attached the 2 different outputs of xdpyinfo.  One
when I've acheived what I believe is 1920x1200 resolution, and one when
it is defaulted back to 1280x960 (i think).  They are identical outputs,
but the display is completely different.  I can send screenshots to
anyone who's interested.

I did manage to find an article that *may* be related:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/15131

I'm attempting some of the user suggestions for this bug, but so far
nothing has managed to correct the issue.

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Services, Ltd.
(513) 621-6699