F8 new kernel

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Dec 6 00:02:37 UTC 2007

Around 11:54pm on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

>    I did a update on F8 and it included kernel Fedora (2.6.23.8-63.fc8)
> and it killed my X Windows in total because my computer is Nvidia full.
> I had to run the bash file again before getting back where I can write
> this. But it is fine again and the proper size.

You will need to run the proprietry Nvidia installation file everytime
you use a new kernel before you can run the X Window system.

And it is not a bash file it is a binary file.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 00:00:52 up 67 days, 10:57,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.02