tvtime make system unresponsive

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 6 08:40:04 UTC 2007

tian wrote:
> I installed tvtime with command "yum install tvtime".
> When I run tvtime, after a short time(ten minutes, half an
> hour ...),then the computer becomes no responsible(mouse, keyboard) and
> the screen doesn't refresh anymore.
What distro and tvtime rpm version-release ?

Can you find the issue in:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora&component=tvtime&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=

If you start it from the terminal, and let it run part screen, do any
error messages appear in the terminal as performance becomes a problem ?

> So I compiled tvtime myself, phenomena of no responsible does not happen
> again.
Which version ?
 From a source rpm ?
Or from upstream ?

Are you using an nvidia or ati binary driver ?

DaveT.