Broadcom PCI device gone missing and is now a USB device ???

Jesus Jr M Salvo jesus.m.salvo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:30:19 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Jesus Jr M Salvo <jesus.m.salvo at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I DO notice is that it is recognised as a USB device. However, I
> do not recall if my broadcom device was also recognised as a USB
> device when it was recognised as a PCI device months ago ... but I
> presume not ( can you actually have the same device as PCI and USB at
> the same time?? ).

OK ... The Broadcom USB device entries also appeared when the Broadcom
PCI device were detected. So I guess the USB device is for bluetooth,
while the PCI device ( the missing device ) is the actual 802.11g
device .... but I am still no closer to finding out why it is no
longer listed in lspci or /proc/bus/pci/devices.