gmfsk and F8

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Dec 6 19:52:33 UTC 2007

    This afternoon I decided to see if I could get my best Amateur Radio
software running on F8. The first step was to get fftw libs on F8 and
that is done with a tarball

fftw-2.1.5.tar.gz which I compiled with success on F8 and installed it
properly. This took about 30 minutes because it is a complex Fast
Fourier Transform program. Essential to my program.

    Next I un-packed  gmfsk-0.7pre1.tar.gz which is the main program.
This compiled the first time since the right fftw is loaded. I installed
it properly and it runs just fine but, It can't open /dev/ttyS0. This is
because I am not root or Group uucp.

    I got the nice User and Group GUI thing going and was not happy with
how it looked. I forgot to hit on Edit and setup and set it to show ALL
users and Groups. Once I got that working I was able with ease to cause
my karl login to belong to the uucp group. Had to reboot and it now works.

    The application gmfsk is alive and working on F8. It would be fun to
make a RPM with this application but it has so many other things
required it never seems to work out.

    Sure glad to get it working!

Karl

--