Enabling a four-port serial card

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Dec 7 01:43:55 UTC 2007

<------------[snip]------------->

> Clearly /dev/ttyS1 is not OK, but I've no idea how to
> set it up so it is OK  - I'd be grateful for any help.

You can use setserial to set the ttyS1 to the correct values. Try using:

setserial /dev/ttyS1 port 0x1018, irq 21

I am taking an educated guess at the port number. You can also use
setserial to reorder the ports to what you want.

Now, this is probably not going to make optimum use of the card. You
may want to look at the multi-port options at the end of setserial.
As a long shot, you may also see if loading the parport_serial
module helps. It helps with PCI serial/parallel card I have to make
the serial ports work...

You may also want to look into finding a module specific for your
card. It is not uncommon for this type of card to have one port that
is a register that tells what port generated the interrupt. That
way, the driver does not have to check the status of each serial
port. I would guess the status port is 0x1010.

Mikkel