gmfsk problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Dec 7 01:58:44 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 18:18 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Rick Stevens wrote:

>>> yum install alsa-oss.  Sounds like gmfsk is an OSS-only application.  If
>>> you built it from source, do "./configure --help" and see if you can add
>>> an "--enable=alsa" or some such flag so it'll run on ALSA without having
>>> to emulate the old OSS layers.
>>>

>>     I must do something. The use of $ aoss gmfsk & worked fine on F7 but
>> does not work at all on F8. I have no idea why. It took me 3 hours to
>> figure out how to get aoss loaded on F8, and then after doing that it
>> doesn't work.
>>

> Do you still have pulse-audio enabled?  That may be hosing it.  It'll
> fight with OSS.  "yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio"

    No I turned off pulseaudio the first thing after getting F8 loaded.
It was causing VLC no end of troubles.

    And it seems F8 has the F7 problem of putting up a full screen cross
hatch image and it disconnects the mouse and keyboard. This is a real
problem because you can only turn off the computer. I may have to go
back to FC4 which has none of these problems :-)

> - Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
> - CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
> -        Brain:  The organ with which we think that we think.        -

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User
	#450462   http://counter.li.org.