kpowersave does not activate profile after logon

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 02:35:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

After upgrading kpowersave to version 0.7.3-1.fc8, it no longer
activates a power profile automatically after logging on KDE. More
specifically, it seems the power profile is correctly selected, but the
LCD brightness is not adjusted accordingly.
For example, if I log on running on batteries, the powersave profile is
selected (I think), but LCD brightness is still 100%. If I change the
profile manually to performance, the LCD is adjusted to 90% (that's my
setting for the performance profile, this is ok). If right after that I
change back manually to the powersave profile, the LCD is then
correctly adjusted for 60%. However, when I logon, it's always set for
100%, no matter what profile it uses or the LCD brightness setting for
this profile. Also, when the screensaver runs, the LCD brightness is
automatically set back to 100%. Then I have to select other profile and
change back to the one I was using to set it right again.
I haven't found a bug on this on bugzilla. Anyone else is having this
problem or there's something I don't know here? Should I file a bug?

Thanks,

Marcelo