Users and Groups

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Dec 7 18:26:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:49:30 -0600
> Jeff Krebs <jkrebs at tconl.com> wrote:
>
> > You have the option to ignore, or better yet, use procmail and the
> > "From:" header to directly divert "problem" emails to /dev/null.
>
> Unfortunately, that does nothing to solve the problem of
> mis-information being added to the list archives.
>
> I search the archives on a more-than-occasional basis to find out
> how to do this thing and that thing, and I'm sure I'm not alone in
> doing that.

and at the risk of dragging this out interminably, what really gripes
my wagger regarding karl is his proclivity for describing every
unexpected development with fedora as a "bug."  something doesn't
quite work the way he expects?  it's a bug.  and i find that
increasingly irritating because i've used fedora for a number of
years, all the way back to the early red hat days and, for its
inevitable irritations, it's gotten nothing but better over the years.

so it's more than a little grating to have someone who clearly doesn't
know what he's doing constantly spewing all over the Intertubes how
broken and bug-ridden fedora is, simply because he doesn't know what
he's doing.

quite simply, if fedora was a commercial product and karl was a
client, he would be the textbook example of the customer who you
simply cut loose because he's more trouble than he's worth.  he's the
client who would buy your product, not bother to read the owner's
manual, eventually cause a disaster, then tell everyone who will
listen about how your product sucks.

in short, i happen to *like* fedora, and i'm tired of hearing someone
else constantly pissing and moaning about how confusing or "buggy" it
is because they're too lazy to spend the time learning how it works.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca