Fedora 7 Shutdown

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Dec 7 21:22:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:55 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
> > I am not running a 64 bit machine but I have had numerous power issues
> > with my computer.  Three power supplies later things are working quite
> > well.  Most issues started when trying to burn a DVD, in fact it burnt
> > out a DVD burner by not supplying enough power for it.
> >
> > I have had really bad experiences with Antec power supplies and a known
> > problem with the 5V rail.
>
> Wow, I bought an ANTEC case w/PS a few years back because I had heard
> that they were better than most.  What PS is the most reliable if ANTEC
> isn't?  (I ask because 1 CD/RW and 1 IDE drive has already failed in
> that case and another, the boot drive, is showing SMART failures, and I
> do suspect the PS as the cause.  No problems (yet) with the SATA drives.
>  PS is 450W).

I use Ultra Products supplies.  Several of my machines have the 500W or
600W XPS supplies.  Here's a link:

http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=52&pPath=510&productID=510

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -