Users and Groups

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Fri Dec 7 23:38:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 23:30 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> >> I don't like to feel that Linux is not telling me something
> >> because it doesn't think it is good for me.

Actually, to be perfectly pedantic about the issue, it's GNOME that is
concealing information from you, not GNU/Linux. And if that's an issue
for you, then probably you should think twice about using any desktop,
because there's hardly a graphical application that doesn't give you
less information than the equivalent command.
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada