Users and Groups

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Dec 8 00:04:33 UTC 2007

David L. Gehrt wrote:

> While I agree with your sentiments I worry that the postings in response
> to his  nonsense may be  just feeding what  ever drives him to  post the
> crap you identify.

I guess what I don't understand is why nobody, at least I think nobody, (I
had to read the archives since I filter out some cruft) simply answered the
question.

"User Manager" is working as designed and intended.  In general, there is no
interest to view or modify system users and groups.  That is nearly always
take care of by the system component that has created the user and/or group.

It is unclear why someone would find it necessary to un-check *all* of the
preferences when clearly the one saying "Hide system users and groups" would
change the display to the preference of the user.

I think most people won't need a "help" section for such an intuitive GUI.
However, if someone feels there is a need they should join the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject.