Migration Of All Users In Linux-Fedora?

Jyotishmaan Ray jyotishmaan at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 12:51:27 UTC 2007

Hello Fedora Experts,
This is Jyotishmaan. I have a question which i am facing since last couple of months:-

i have migrated around 100 's of users from one fedora -linux machine to another fedora-linux machine where i have LDAP server. In fact they have been imported in LDIF format for the LDAP server. Now the question is, i tried atleast 20 0r more times after migrating them successfully onto this LDAP server, to check if the users have showed up in the Fedora-Linux GUI ? But, no they never showed up ? I tried again-and-again shutting down the system, but nowwayz, that even atleast one of the imported users could show up on the GUI?
After atleast 20 days or so one fine day, i saw all the users-the users uid's on the LOG ON GUI of Fedora-Linux. May I Know from your experience -
How many days/hours it takes it up for the LINUX-Fedora operating system to understand or accept these migrated users and show them up ???

Please let me know? It happened like a MAGIC for me ??

Regards,

Jyotishmaan

With Thanks and Regards,
Jyotishmaan Ray
Moderator Of Paradise Groups
http://yahoogroups.com/group/Spirituality-Paradise

Are You Spiritually Aware  !!! Are You Enjoying Yourself  !!!  See What All You Had Been Missing !!!!
Please Join Immediately By Sending A Blank Mail @
Spirituality-Paradise-subscribe at yahoogroups.com