How to hide a disk?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Dec 9 23:59:02 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley wrote:
>> I find the change from F7 annoying, but I thought it was due to the
>> removal of 99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi
>
> Perhaps those are the same files. I'm not sure what all the
> directory structure hal searches for things in. I just know the
> folks on the hal mailing list who pointed me at the xml said it was
> a standard part of hal.
>
> Certainly looking at the xml contents of the fedora 7 file and the
> file I added, they seem remarkably similar.

The files are indeed identical.  AFAIK, they weren't a standard part
of the hal tarballs.  But I'm not at all an expert on that.

I don't know if there is a way to use PolicyKit to achieve the same
results as adding back the hal rule.  That'd be a good thing to learn,
if there are any PolicyKit experts lurking here.  :)

Happiness is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only
you can feel its warmth