last nights update of kde to 3.5.8

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 10 21:06:30 UTC 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007, Craig White wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:51 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
>> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on
>> screen pointing to 'cervisia'
>>
>> I have it, no idea how it got there as I don't have the tarball or the
>> unpacked sources, nor can an rpm search come up with it.  I use smart for
>> most of my management, and its not in smarts package listings.
>>
>> ------------paste from shell
>>  [root at coyote src]# yum whatprovides cervisia
>> Setting up repositories
>> adobe-linux               100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>> atrpms                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>> kde                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>> macromedia                100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
>> kde-all                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum-testing/yum/repodata/r
>>epomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:31:02 GMT
>> Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_python/2.7.8
>> Python/1.5.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
>> Last-Modified: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:22:43 GMT
>> ETag: "18a4002-1b9-3ec831e3;46e5a34d"
>> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>>
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: rt-testing
>> [root at coyote src]# yum remove cervisia
>> Setting up Remove Process
>> No Match for argument: cervisia
>> No Packages marked for removal
>> ---------
>> So what package is it part of, and how to I cleanly get rid of it since
>> I've never used it?
>
>----
>think...you should be able to solve something like this.
>
>rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/cervisia

Without the /usr/bin/ in front of it, it didn't work.  I didn't realize it
is /path/to/executable sensitive.

>yum remove kdesdk

I did, along with kde-settings and kde-dcopperl, and it looks as it it all
working now, including the dock we haven't had for about 6 months.  Nice.

But the deps were not all worked out, and caught me a bit by surprise.

I have NDI if I could now re-install what I took out.

Thanks Craig.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)