SELinux enforcing, an external ntfs-3g mount, Samba and Fedora 8

craigni no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Tue Dec 11 10:00:17 UTC 2007

Thanks super, Craig--that was a missing link.  Not only can my Windows XP boxes see the Fedora system, they can access my home directory.  However, the final piece of the puzzle is driving me nuts.  They *cannot* access the ntfs-3g drive.  The drive shows, but when I click on it, I get an SELinux AVC Denial, which says SELinux is preventing the samba daemon from serving r/o local files to remote clients, and tells me that I need to turn on the samba_export_all_ro boolean, which I did without success.

I even tried to change the permissions on the ntfs-3g drive to match those of my home directory, eg
cd /mnt
sudo chown -R username extdrive
sudo chgrp -R usergroup extdrive
But weirdness of weirdness, when I ls that drive, all the files are still owned by root root.

Any help in any direction would be massively appreciated,
Thanks,
Craig

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=226397&topic_id=49129&forum=10#forumpost226397
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame craignied at gmail.com.