NVidia on Compaq presario and video output

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 11 12:45:15 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> More *precise* details are probably needed before someone can help you.

Martin Marques:
> Like?
>
> It has a GeForce Go 6100, 15.4" display, and obviously the projector
> works in a 4:3 ratio.

Yes, that sort of information.  Also which particular model laptop.
Presario is a range, rather than a specific model.  Then others with the
same gear can chime into the conversation.

I'm not sure it is obvious it's 4:3, I imagine that there are 16:9
projectors, or ones that work in a variable manner.

>> In this case, they both show the same display.  But if I want them to
>> operate independently, then I do need play around with my X
>> configuration.

> Well my Notebook has a wide screen, so I will have to use diferent
> configurations.

My laptop has a widescreen, the CRT monitor I plugged in simultaneously
did not.  They worked together, alright.  I can't properly recall if
things looked squashed, it was a while ago that I did this, but I don't
seem to remember it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.