FC8/IcedTea Java Plugin/FireFox/R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 13:09:31 UTC 2007

"Knute Johnson" <knute at frazmtn.com> writes:>

<snip of my content>

> I have a couple of questions;
>
> Do you have compat-libstdc++-33 installed?

Yes.  Relevance?

> Did you do the Xinerama fix?

I don't use Xinerama, but do use TwinView.  Is there something that I am
missing?

> Why did you take out iced-tea?

The first thing that I checked was to see what dependencies there were
for IcedTea. There were none, so I removed it, rather than attempting a
more "kludgy" fix.

So far, I have not noted any missing functionality and I don't do any
Java development. So until something I need comes up broken, I'll stay
with this approach.

I have communicated with members of R Core on this. An update will be
forthcoming to the R Installation and Administration Manual to reflect
this issue.

> Thanks very much,

Happy to help.

Marc