list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:59:35 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:

>>> Filtering/sorting should be done on other message headers.  There's
>>> plenty of options with this list to pick one that unabiguously
>>> determines a message belongs with this list.
>> But I don't want them filtered or sorted, I want to know by looking at
>> the group of new subject lines which came through lists.
>
> Then teach your procmailrc to add them for you rather than messing the
> list up for everyone else. Its not hard

I use gmail and pick them up with POP, although I'll probably switch to
IMAP soon.  Can gmail rules do anything but sort?  I don't want to have
to wade through a bunch of different folders.  And I don't consider the
easy to see tags used by Centos, rt-users. opennms-discuss,
openvpn-users, fedora-directory-users, linux-lvm, backuppc-users, etc.,
etc. to be 'messed up'.  In fact they are very helpful.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com