list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:50:17 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
>> I use gmail and pick them up with POP, although I'll probably switch to
>> IMAP soon.  Can gmail rules do anything but sort?  I don't want to have
>
> I've no idea - your local mail client/pop tool should be able to though,
> at least if its any good.
>
>> to wade through a bunch of different folders.  And I don't consider the
>> easy to see tags used by Centos, rt-users. opennms-discuss,
>> openvpn-users, fedora-directory-users, linux-lvm, backuppc-users, etc.,
>> etc. to be 'messed up'.  In fact they are very helpful.
>
> Not when half your subject line is hidden by "[random-blah-list-I-already
> know]"

Errr, no, that's the point.  I don't know that list when what my mail
client presents is the subject lines of unread messages and the list is
not polite enough to identify itself there.  Your solution seems to be
to do a lot of grunge work with hidden fields.  Mine is simpler - just
use a screen big enough to display what you want to see.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com