list subject

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 15:13:33 UTC 2007

> Errr, no, that's the point.  I don't know that list when what my mail
> client presents is the subject lines of unread messages and the list is
> not polite enough to identify itself there.  Your solution seems to be
> to do a lot of grunge work with hidden fields.  Mine is simpler - just
> use a screen big enough to display what you want to see.

Your 'solution' seems to be 'everyone must do this my way'.

I for one also don't want this done by default. I filter my email so
each list is in its own imap directory - I don't want this extra rubbish
in the title.

The fact is there is an easy solution for those that want it to do this
themselves, so its not appropriate for the list to do it and force it on
everyone.

Chris