list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:16:42 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>> How else would people know they are doing it wrong if someone doesn't
>> tell them?
>>
> But you definition of "doing it wrong" seems to be "it does not do
> what I want it to do by default" regardless of how you want to do
> things affects other users. Kind of like a spoiled child - if it
> isn't my way, then it is wrong. No-one else's point of view matters,
> or is worth considering.

Just the opposite - everyone else is fully equal and capable of
defending the way they prefer things.  But, nearly every other list I
subscribe to is polite enough to identify itself with a tag and I don't
recall ever seeing anyone complain about it - _ever_.  And since I deal
regularly with both, I have no question about which I prefer.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com