Why cant I make my laptop ethernet cards recognise 10Mbs?

phil prentice philp.cheer at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 16:45:03 UTC 2007

Thanks, I will try ethtool.  By the way I needed 10Mbps because I'm trying to
communicate with an old system which only supported 10.  I just dont
understand why one laptop works fine and the other does not and was wondering
if there was some standard reason why this might be happening.

Thanks again
Phil